Saturday, June 6, 2009

driving lost in san francisco

a friend of mine asked me how i could get lost in san francisco. sure, i've lived in the bay area for a long time, and yes, i actually lived in san francisco for a couple of years. but the one thing i've become pretty certain of the more time i spend in the car is that i'm capable of getting lost anywhere. it's really no problem for me...

no, i don't have a gps system. i sometimes print out mapquest and try to read that while i'm driving and holding my camera and checking my blackberry (not too convenient). i have navigator on my phone, but it continues to take me to the wrong address. but the bottom line is--i'm going to figure out where i'm going all by myself. it may take longer, but i'll get there...eventually...but being lost always offers more opportunities to take photos!

there is the stress factor though. i was supposed to meet a friend of mine for lunch in los angeles in a part of town i had never been in. he's very punctual. as you can imagine--i'm not. and then, of course, i was running late, and freaking out. so i had my mapquest on the seat next to me and my navigator set on my phone. i only missed the restaurant once. drove right by it. but i was on time (who knew...). i guess the odds were on my side














No comments: