I've taken pictures of these two sisters every couple of years for several years now and they remain two of my favorite subjects. They are so relaxed in front of the camera, it makes my job easy. It's been fun to watch them grow up over the years. Mom and dad decided to join the act this time around!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
I had the extreme honor last month to attend the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life event in Palo Alto and take portraits of the ladies in purple! Thank you all for being so accommodating and patient! Here are just a few of those beautiful ladies.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Saturday, September 6, 2008
I am working with Town Hall Theater, a wonderful nonprofit community theater in Lafayette, and offering a reduced rate photo session for head shots. A portion of the fee will go back to Town Hall. Please email me me if you're interested.
New Photography Service…Headshots!
• Are you looking for headshots for your aspiring actor or actress? Headshots are required for most middle‐school and high‐school acting programs, and a “must” for anyone considering auditions professionally.
• Local portrait photographer (and Town Hall Kids mom) Karen Margroff Dunn is offering her services to Town Hall Kids families.
• The fee is $50 (with a portion going to Town Hall). Karen will do a series of shots, and you can choose your 2 favorite images online, which are included in the cost. Other photographers charge much more for this type of service.
• Each image will be provided to you in color and black & white.
• Choose from one of two dates for your photo shoot: Saturday September 13 or Sunday September 14 at a location of your choice.
• For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact Karen directly at (925) 708-0307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer was so incredibly busy! But how could it be over so fast? I can't believe the kids are back in school. Actually, they can't believe it either!! But finally, things are starting to quiet down. I was so busy most of Summer that I neglected just about everything that wasn't an emergency, including my blog. I was busy working and shooting a wedding, head shots, family portraits and LOTS of swimming. It was great fun and I hope over the next few days I'll be able to post some of my work. My first post will be Jill & Tim's Hawaiian-themed wedding. What fun! It was very sweet and very intimate. And I got to take picture barefooted. I was in heaven. Hope you enjoy them!
Friday, August 1, 2008
I have had a really fun few weeks taking lots of swim pictures at some big meets. It's really exciting to watch these kids in the water. They're enthusiastic, excited, funny and just fun to be around. Taking all these pictures has also been very educational. I'm not really sure why I always seem to be on the wrong side of the pool when the kids are breathing during freestyle. And those tiny kids that can go almost the whole length of the pool with only one breath makes it kind of hard to get that great fly or breaststroke shot! This weekend is another two very full days of swimming--and I can't wait to see what shots i get!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
It's definitely summer and I've been enjoying myself poolside. Last weekend I was in Clayton at the Devil Mountain Pentathlon. Next weekend it's Crossings. It's really amazing to see how good so many of these young swimmers are and how much fun they can have in between their swims. And what a great way to stay cool!