Saturday, September 26, 2009

Driving in San Francisco

It's always the same, but it's always different. Usually when I drive into San Francisco I'm going to the same place to a meeting with the same people. I take the same route. I'm afraid to vary it too much, since I have a tendency to get lost...And I always take my camera.

The weather may be different--sunny and warm or gray and foggy, maybe rainy. There may be tons of traffic. It may be clear sailing. But my route never varies. So what I find so interesting is that when I get home and upload my photos, I always see something that I didn't see the last trip. As I sift through the hundreds of photos that are blurred or of blue sky, I'll stumble upon an angle of a beam or the shine of the sun off a glass building that is so completely different then what I've seen before, even if I've shot the same section of the bridge or same building dozens of times before.












No comments: