Monday, May 26, 2008

Missed Opportunities

I was supposed to take pictures of Bryn's kids yesterday. Bryn and I have been friends for about 10 years and over the decade I have taken pictures periodically of her children. This is one of our first photo sessions many years ago! Somehow though, as the kids get older, and with school and after-school activities, it gets harder and harder to schedule a time for photos. We have been making plans to get together for about 6 months. I think I broke off our last get-together. I don't even remember why anymore. But we were ready for our shoot yesterday. It was a weekend. No school. No swim meet. No baseball. No taekwondo. Perfect! Well, not really...I got an email from Bryn that she sent at 4:30 a.m. Catherine (the youngest) had been throwing up for hours.
She sent her email minutes after Catherine's projectile vomiting just missed her face. Bryn really wasn't interested in having lasting memories of that night. So we're rescheduling, again...

What I've never understood, even after having three of my own, is why do kids get sick in the middle of the night? Things are always worse in the dark AND there is never anything good on TV.